Rather than moan and bother my family constantly about my dermatitis issues, I decided to write about it instead. I suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis mainly in my hands, but it crops up around other parts of my body from time to time.
Here’s What I know about it
Seborrheic Dermatitis is a generic term describing an inflammation of the skin. Though there could be many causes of the occurrence in multiple forms, it is a disorder involving a swollen and reddened skin with an itchy rash.
Development of a crust or blister or ooze affects the skin. Dermatitis is not life-threatening and neither is it contagious but can cause you a lot of discomfort and make you conscious. But with self-care and many advanced medications it can be kept under control and treated.
The different types of dermatitis (inflamed skin disorders):
Each type is different from the other and may simply occur on different parts of the body. But the most common types are:
- Seborrhoea dermatitis- It s a kind of a red rash somewhat yellowish with oily scales occurring usually on the scalp and rarely on the face and behind the ears and nose too. A reason for dandruff and is common for people with oily skin or hair and is purely seasonal. Hereditary factors hardly play a role in these conditions. This disorder is known as cradle cap in infants.
- Atopic dermatitis- Also known as eczema, it begins in infancy and generally occurs where the skin flexes, in front of the neck and behind the knees. It s a red, itchy rash which at times leaks fluids and crust when scratched. Normally occurring with allergies, most of the time happens in families where the members have eczema, hay fever or asthma.
- Allergic contact dermatitis-The occurrence of this rash is mainly on such areas of the body that has come in touch with substances that irritate or is a cause of an allergic reaction, example, poison ivy, and jewellery containing nickel and sometimes perfumes and cosmetics too. The rash might burn, sting and itch and cause blisters too.
Before making a visit to a doctor it is important to note, that seborrheic dermatitis natural treatment is available and should be considered before trying more evasive approaches. Excessive use of these topical steroid creams can cause permanent damage to the skin.
When is a doctor required?
- When the discomfort gets out of control,that you cannot sleep or are disrupted from the daily routine.
- The skin pains a lot.
- You have a suspicion that the skin is infected.
- You have tried all kinds of home remedies but still not successful.
The doctor observes the irritation and the patch’s location in the body and sometimes takes a scraping of the infected skin for microscopic analysis. To identify the causes of mainly the Allergic Contact dermatitis the doctor might also do a patch test wherein he applies various allergens to obscure parts of the skin to test what substances cause this inflammation. He applies different substances on the skin and covers with an adhesive. When you go for a review after several days he checks the reactions to any of those applications.
Drugs and treatments:
First and foremost is identification of the type and if possible to destroy the cause. If the infection is mild then may be OTC hydrocortisone cream, wet compresses and avoiding irritants should solve the problem. A light therapy where you expose your skin to natural or artificial light might help too. The doctor would probably recommend an oral antihistamine to control severe bouts of itching. An antibiotic might be needed if there is any development of a secondary infection. And an extreme case might require you to take corticosteroid pills or injections. Again however, effective seborrheic dermatitis natural treatment should be tried first.
There are other treatments as well pertaining to the category:
- When you have seborrheic dermatitis you can try a good dandruff shampoo. These shampoos contain zinc pyrithione, salysycilic aicd, tar, ketoconazole, selenium or sulphur, any one or a combination might work for you.
- You have contact dermatitis when you come in touch with certain chemicals or medications. These should be identified and avoided and to relieve the discomfort might be recommended antihistamines and corticosteroids.
- You can treat nummular dermatitis with a moisturizing lotion and a corticosteroid cream.
- When your legs get swelled up, you have stasis dermatitis. Discover the underlying condition and control it. Wear support stockings and keep your legs in an elevated position.
- Applying OTC hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion
- Covering the infected area with dressings to prevent scratching and thus protecting your skin.
- Add some baking soda or colloidal oatmeal to your bath water.
- Do not scratch and wear cotton clothing.
- Wash your clothes with unscented mild laundry products.
The factors that can increase the risk:
- Atopic dermatitis normally begins in infancy. But other types can crop up at any age.
- With a personal or family history of asthma or hay fever, you are most prone to developing atopic dermatitis.
- A profession that can’t prevent you from being in constant touch with metals increase the risk of contact dermatitis.
When you keep scratching the rash which is itchy due to dermatitis the sores might open further causing infection. These infections might increase the probability of something life-threatening.
I found a good guide over at seborrheictreatment.com
A Comprehensive Guide on “VG E-Liquid”
E liquid is the substance that is put into many electronic cigarettes. They consist of 3 different components and is used to produce the vapor that is inhaled. Without this liquid the electronic cigarette would simply be an electronic metal stick with nothing inside it. However, be aware that the potency of the liquid is considerably lower than that of the normal cigarettes.
What is E Juice made of?
E-liquid is made up of 3 different components including:
- Nicotine – This is the addictive part of the cigarettes and each liquid can be mixed with a selected strength. These strengths range from 54 mg/ml up to 72 mg/ml.
- Flavoring agent – Nicotine doesn’t have any flavor, so we add a flavor to make the electronic cigarette enjoyable. There are numerous flavors that can be added and only the finest ingredients are used to make the flavoring agent.
- Diluent – There are 3 reasons that this is given including that it dilutes the mixture of the flavoring agents and the nicotine. Also, it is the part that gives the vapor and gives the smoker the flavor and the nicotine.
Each of these 3 components plays a big part in the liquid.
Mostly Used Diluents:
There are many different types of diluents that are used in the e juice and they include:
- Propylene Glycol or PG – The quality that is used in the e-liquid is the highest quality that can be found for pharmaceutical needs. This is the part of the diluent that gives the hit to the back of the throat with the flavor and nicotine. The e cig liquid contains 80% of this diluent.
- Vegetable Glycerin or VG – When this glycerin is raw it is a
n extremely thick liquid, which helps give the vapor plus a sweet flavor. When this is mixed in it is given at 20%.
- Aqueous Glycerin or AG – This is also the highest quality that is available for pharmaceutical needs and is watered down with water that is de-ionized. This is to help keep the liquid at the desired consistency and if you mix the liquid at home this is what is normally used.
Those allergic to PG can find the best VG e Liquid alternative over at the UK’s Ichor Liquid online store.
Typical Strength of E Liquids:
VG E liquids can come in many different strengths depending on the person and their desires. The amount of nicotine that is in the liquid is a certain amount of milligrams depending on the milliliter that is produced. That means that 18mg/ml has 18 milligrams of nicotine in every 1 milliliter of the fluid. However, smoking the electronic cigarettes doesn’t mean you will get the same amount of nicotine and what you get is much lower doses.
The strength can vary from none for the herbal liquids and go up to 36mg/ml for the higher strength ones. Depending on the customer any range of nicotine can be inserted into the liquid and then into the electronic cigarettes.
How is it Inserted Into the Electronic Cigarettes:
The e-juice can be purchased in a few including in replaceable cartridges or a bottle that can be used to refill the standard cartridge inside. This means that you can get many different flavors and strengths and interchange them whenever you want.
Different Flavors of E Cig Liquid:
There are many different flavors of e liquids, however, the most common flavors are that of mint, fruit and tobacco. There are many different fruit flavors to choose from including:
- Lemon Lime
- Fruit Punch
- Amaretto and almond
- Orange Cream
There are many more different fruit flavors as well as others. There are also many different flavors of tobacco including:
- Hickory smoke
- Cuban cigar
- Butter Rum
- Black Cherry
You can also choose to have your electronic cigarette liquid taste like your favorite food or drinks such as:
- Dill Pickle
- Chocolate Decadence
- French Vanilla Cappuccino
- Pina Colada
- Raspberry, Strawberry, and Blueberry cheesecake
- Sweettart and Red Hots candy
- Banana nut bread
- Apple Pie
- Mint Chocolate Chip
There is a huge variety of different flavors you can choose from. Using the e liquid means that your cigarettes don’t have to taste boring any more, but you can choose from any numbers of flavors. You can even get an electronic cigarette that doesn’t have nicotine, but has the amazing flavors instead.
You can also DIY your own liquid. See below video on how